• 1 1/2 pounds ground beef (I used 19 oz of 93% Lean Ground Turkey) • 1 egg • 1 onion, chopped • 1 cup milk (1-cup is ‘a bit much', but that’s good if you add a little flax meal) • 1 cup dried bread crumbs (I used 1 c Panko + ¼ c Flax Meal) • salt and pepper to taste (I used Weber Kickin’ Chicken seasoning, plus black pepper) • 2 tablespoons brown sugar (I used 1 Tbsp of brown sugar) • 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
• 1/3 cup ketchup
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). (I used 375 degrees; ceramic loaf pan; sprayed with baking spray; approx. 1 hr 15 min.)
2. In a large bowl, combine the beef, egg, onion, milk and bread crumbs + flax meal. Season to taste and place in a lightly greased 5x9 inch loaf pan, OR form into a loaf and place in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
3. In a separate small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard and ketchup. Mix well and pour over the meatloaf as a topping.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour. (375 degrees for 1 hr 15 min).
Note: We've decided this is going to be our 'Go-To' Meatloaf recipe ... We really like the other recipe I added, that used a box of Stove Top Stuffing, but I could not get it to come out the same a 2nd or 3rd time, so Sweetie asked me to go back to my "old standard" recipe. This Easy Traditional Meatloaf recipe is basically "it." ;)