12-oz package of your favorite cooked sausage links, such as Johnsonville Beef Hot Links
1 can Cheddar Cheese Soup 2 eggs 2 Tbsp water 3/4 cup milk 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 cups Bisquick 1/4 sugar substitute that measures 1:1 like table sugar(I prefer Monkfruit in the Raw)
1 Tbsp baking powder
Butter Maple Syrup or Honey
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 12" X 8" baking dish.
2. Slice the sausage links thinly & then cut the slices in half. Place in a small bowl and cover with foil till needed.
3. In a small mixing bowl, combine cheese soup and eggs; stir to mix well. If they are troublesome to mix, use a stick blender on low or a hand mixer on low to blend the eggs into the soup. Gradually add liquids and stir until smooth. Again it's okay to use a stick blender or hand mixer on low.
4. In a medium mixing bowl, add the Bisquick and stir through with a fork to insure the Bisquick is not lumpy. Add sugar and baking powder and stir to mix well.
5. Gradually pour the soup mixture into the Bisquick, stirring all the time until everything is well mixed. Stir the sausage pieces into the batter mix until they are well spred through the mix.
6. Bake for 40-45 minutes, checking after 40 minutes to be sure the dish cooks evenly and is no longer sticky before removing it from the oven.
7. Allow to cool & cut into 12 pieces. Serve with butter and pure maple syrup or honey.